Click to view more images
- Joy to the World
- Away in a Manger
- A Child is Born in Bethlehem
- Carol of the Bells
- In Dulci Jubilo
- Jesus Holy
- Good King Wenceslas
- Angels We Have Heard on High
- Baby Jesus in a Manger Lay
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day
- O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
- Ding, Dong, Merrily on High
- Bring a Torch, Jeanette, Isabella
- Once in Royal David's City
- O Come, Little Children
- It's Christmastime Again
- We Three Kings-The Coventry Carol
- O Come, All Ye Faithful
- Still, Still, Still
- Lo, How a Rose E'er Blooming
- Silent Night
Christmas Hymns: Carols of the Christ Child contains 21 Christmas carols from countries around the world.
Geoff and Mark have ancestors from Iceland, Sweden, Denmark, and England. Geslison is Icelandic, and Groberg is Swedish. Mark’s wife, Jeanette, is a native of Odense, Denmark.
Find it on Spotify, Amazon Music, and iTunes
- Mark Geslison: mandolin, guitar, octave mandolin, dulcimer, banjo, percussion
- Geoff Groberg: piano, guitar, bass, banjo, low D whistle
- Nate Olson: violin
- Jonathon Wood: mandolin on Away in a Manger and Et Barn er Født i Bethlehem
- Cherie Call: voice on Jesus Holy
- Deborah Bailey: voice on Un Flambeau, Jeanette, Isabelle, violin on Lo How a Rose E’er Blooming, In Dulci Jubilo
- Cecilie Nørrung: voice on Barn Jesus i en Krybbe Lå and Et Barn er Født i Bethlehem
- Amelia Hohl: voices on O Come, All Ye Faithful
- Carly Stitt: cello on Un Flambeau, Jeanette, Isabelle
- Lisa Nebeker: cello on Et Barn er Født i Bethlehem
- Alicia Christensen: flute on In Dulci Jubilo
- Annie Rosevear: flute on Un Flambeau, Jeanette, Isabelle
- Lauren Petersen: flute on O Come, All Ye Faithful
- Maria Lewis: melody voice on Lo, How a Rose E’er Blooming
- Diane Probst: harmony voice on Lo, How a Rose E’er Blooming
- Sophie Choate: voice on O Come, Little Children
- John Wright: fiddle on We Three Kings/The Coventry Carol
- Danish voices on Nu er det Jul Igen recorded in Odense, Denmark by members of the Nørrung, Karnil, & Bernskov families
Produced and Engineered by Mark Geslison and Geoff Groberg.
© 2005 Geslison Groberg, LLC.
I love this album. My favorites are: Et Barn er Født i Bethlehem, Once in Royal David’s City and Barn Jesus i en Krybbe Lå. Where can I get the arrangement for Et Barn er Født i Bethlehem? Because I know that it’s not the original arrangement for this hymn.
Comment by Matt Wright on August 22, 2011 at 4:16 am
Is this album no longer available?
Comment by Barbara Huff on November 24, 2013 at 5:08 pm
We’re working on getting this one and some of our others into iTunes, Amazon, CD Baby and other online retailers.
Comment by Geoff Groberg on November 25, 2013 at 9:18 pm
Amazon would be perfect! We love A Timeless Christmas and would like an mp3 option.
Comment by Mariah on November 30, 2013 at 10:01 pm
It should be available in about a week, if not sooner.
Comment by Geoff Groberg on December 2, 2013 at 9:26 am
My daughter was lamenting that her copy of “A Timeless Christmas” was stolen out of her car. Is that album going to be available under that name, or is the list above (Christmas Hymns) the same list of music? I’m trying to get a replacement for her.
Comment by Deborah Summers on December 3, 2013 at 6:57 am
Christmas Hymns includes most of the same tracks, re-mastered, from A Timeless Christmas but we weren’t completely satisfied with all of the tracks on the old album (including What is this perfume) and we also wanted to add a few new tracks including Baby Jesus in a Manger Lay and Carol of the Bells.
Comment by Geoff Groberg on December 3, 2013 at 10:38 am
What happened to “What is this perfume?” I love that song!
Comment by Deborah Summers on December 3, 2013 at 6:59 am
Wonderful, just wonderful! Finally something traditional or more like the true meaning of Christmas! Quality and beauty taboot. Love it. Keep up the good work guys!
Comment by Laura on December 6, 2013 at 1:30 am